Here at Highland Perthshire Holiday Homes, we know that lots of our guests love to bring their dog on holiday with them. They are part of the family after all! All of the houses on this page accept dogs and work to the ASSC Paws for a Break welcome charter. We are also recommended by Dog Friendly Perthshire.
Each house will display a set of house specific rules but our standard house rules are as follows:
- Dogs must never be left in the house on their own. Dogs can get stressed when left alone in strange surroundings and this is when they may chew something or scratch at a door, even though they would never do this at home.
- Dogs are not allowed on sofas and chairs unless you bring suitable throws to cover and protect them. Please ensure throws are clean and dog hair free so that hair is not transferred on to sofa and chair fabrics and cushions.
- Please do not allow dogs in the bedrooms. We know some pooches get to sleep with their humans at home but please remember to be considerate and think of other guests. Not everyone loves dogs as much as us and we have to respect this.
- Please ensure that you clean up after your dog in the garden areas. Poo bags are provided in the dog box. Please dispose of waste in the general waste bin.
- Whilst a garden may fenced, we give no guarantees that it is totally secure so please ensure your dog is supervised when in the garden. Every dog is different after all! Some are jumpers, others are diggers and then there are those who just want sunny spot for a snooze. You know your own dog and will soon be able to assess if the garden is secure for them.
- We would remind dog owners that any evidence that suggests the house rules have been broken could result in the loss of or a deduction from your good housekeeping deposit. Whilst we have to say this, we always find our lovely dog owner guests very respectful and have never had to charge anyone! We love having our guests bring their furry friends on holiday with them but we also have to consider the guests who do not have dogs so we try hard to be far and accommodating to all.
We would like to thank dog owners in advance for showing consideration and respect to the owners of the house and future guests by following the house rules and acting responsibly.
There is a small charge of £20 per dog, per booking and the maximum number of dogs allowed in most houses is 2 with the exception of Lundin Farmhouse. If you wish to bring more than 2 dogs, please do give us a call to discuss.
The nearest Vet Surgery is in Aberfeldy: Heartland Veterinary Services https://www.heartlandvets.co.uk/contact/ 01887 820771
Pet Shop: Pets Etc. 21 Dunkeld St, Aberfeldy PH15 2AA. Phone: 01887 822797
There are a number of local pubs and cafes that welcome dogs in the Aberfeldy area:
The Black Watch Inn – Aberfeldy
The Habitat Café – Aberfeldy
The Kenmore Hotel – Kenmore
The Tay Café – Aberfeldy
Aileen Chraggan Bar – Weem
There a lots of lovely walks in the area and you can find out more via these links:
Please make yourself familiar with the Scottish Access Code before heading out to the countryside for a walk with your dog http://www.outdooraccess-scotland.com/sites/default/files/docs/dog_owners_leaflet.pdf
Our Dog Friendly Cottages